What are fart bombs?
Fart bombs, with their pungent odor that can clear out any room, are a classic prank that never gets old. They create hydrogen sulfide gas by using a mixture of ammonium sulfide and hydrochloric acid, which even a small amount of it can be detected due to the human nose’s sensitivity to this gas.
The history of fart bombs
Pranksters created the first fart bombs in the early 1900s as harmless pranks by mixing sulfuric acid and crushed eggshells, which created a noxious gas that smelled like rotten eggs. Thus, these early versions quickly became popular among pranksters and were even sold in novelty shops.
Over time, pranksters added new chemicals to make fart bombs more potent, and soldiers used them during World War II, making it more difficult for enemy soldiers to detect explosives by covering up their smell. Surprisingly, the CIA even utilized fart bombs in the 1960s as a form of psychological warfare to demoralize and disorient enemy soldiers during the Vietnam War.
Fart bombs, with their military application, have remained a popular practical joke item. Popular versions include ones that emit the smell of vomit or skunk spray. Nowadays, new types of fart bombs have emerged, such as the electronic fart bomb, which uses electronic circuitry to produce a loud farting noise and a strong odor, providing maximum prank potential.
If you want to take your flatulence pranks to the next level, check out our article on fart guns and learn how to unleash the ultimate fart
Types of fart bombs
The market even offers edible fart bombs today, which are typically small candies that release a strong and unpleasant odor when eaten. Although not as effective as traditional fart bombs, they provide a fun and harmless way to prank friends and family.
Despite the variety of fart bomb types available today, the classic sulfur-based fart bomb is still the most common type. They are typically sold in small glass vials and can be easily broken by stepping on them or hitting them with a hard object. The liquid fart bomb is another popular type, often sold in small plastic bottles and can be squirted onto surfaces or people for maximum effect.
Fart bomb products
From classic sulfur-based fart bombs to more high-tech options, there’s something for everyone. Now, we will take a closer look at some of the fart bombs available on the internet and what makes them stand out from the rest.
Rhode Island Novelty Stink Bombs:
A classic gag gift that contains a smelly gas inside a glass vial. Just break it to release the smell.
- Comes in small glass vials.
- 36 stink bombs per case.
- 3 stink bombs in each little box.
- Very smelly.
- Very simple to use.
- Produces a really bad smell.
- Novelty Item.
- Rated 4.4/5 on Amazon.
- Broken glass shards can cause harm. A lot of care is needed.
The Joker Stink Bombs:
It is a novelty item that creates a foul smell when broken.
- The product produces a realistic as well as unpleasant odor that can fool others into thinking it is a real stink bomb.
- Safe: The product is safe to use and does not cause harm or damage to people or objects.
- Because of its size it is very compact.
- Easy to use.
- Only available on Walmart.
Risk of staining.
Zppruwei Fart Bomb Bags:
These fart bomb bags are a easily one of the best prank items on this list.
- Contains a bag instead of glass or plastic bottles.
- Bag keeps expanding till it explodes.
- Leaves a stinky smell after the pop!
- Very easy to use. Just crush the small water packet inside the fart bag, shake, and throw!
- Totally harmless, except the smell.
- A fun toy for kids.
- Only available on Walmart.
May leave a mess behind. Outdoor use is advised.
Following item is not exactly a “fart bomb” but it might just be what you are looking for:
Liquid Ass fart spray:
- Liquid Ass fart spray comes in a spray bottle.
- It can be used for a long period of time.
- Spray it inside a balloon to create your own fart bomb!
- It claims to produce a smell so bad it will clear a room.
- This particular fart spray comes in a plastic spray bottle.
- Easy to use on any surface or person.
- It can only be used a limited number of times before it runs out.
- It may cause staining if sprayed on clothing or other materials.
And if all these products don’t float your boat, we have a whole article dedicated to listing out the best fart noise makers in the market!